Monday, August 24, 2009

A New Thing

That weekend retreat was a real turning point for me, a line in the sand almost. I think it just kind of supernaturally stirred up my calling and destiny in God, to be used by Him to reach the world. It’s not like He’s saying I haven’t been doing what I should, in focusing on my family during this past season; but He’s tapping me, saying it’s time to step out and walk in a new direction, gird up my loins and run, so to speak.


These are some of the verses He spoke to me during the weekend:


This is what the Lord says –

he who made a way through the sea,

a path through the mighty waters…


Forget the former things;

do not dwell on the past.

See, I am doing a new thing!

Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?

I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

(Isaiah 43:16-19)


And again he said –


The former things will not be remembered,

nor will they come to mind.

But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create,
for I will create Jerusalem
(my family) to be a delight

and its people a joy.

I will rejoice over Jerusalem

and take delight in my people;

the sound of weeping and of crying

will be heard in it no more.

(Isaiah 65:17-19)


He knows I need encouragement, reassurance about my fears, and he is so faithful.


I will go before you and will level the mountains;

I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.

(Isaiah 45:2)


When we step out to follow him, he will go before and deal with the obstacles. They don’t immediately disappear just because we decide to follow him, but he goes before us.


(to be continued…)

No comments:

Post a Comment