Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bags received!

Today we received a picture of the two boys just after they received their gift bags - so awesome! It's kind of surreal to see them wearing the t-shirts I picked out, holding the photo albums I put together, knowing they're about to look through them and see their new family and home for the first time. They look really happy. :)

Our adoption agency emailed me the picture of them, and I had to email them back acknowledging that we received it. They said I should say, "I acknowledge receipt of the photo of Zerihun & Melaku Phillips." I copied the sentence, and then it kind of hit me - wow - Zerihun and Melaku Phillips. It's like when you're about to get married, and you write your new name over and over again - kind of the same feeling. It doesn't sink in at first, but after a while it just fits.

We have been getting various donations from friends and family - thank you again to all who have given!! - and should be able to send in the first portion of the payment this week. I spoke with the agency, and they said that they have already begun the process in Ethiopia, even though we haven't gotten all the funds in yet, so yay! We may be able to take our first trip for court before the end of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment