Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Still waiting...

It's been over a month, and we are still waiting for our court date (impatiently, I might add!). We are hoping/believing for a January date. We are still working for and raising the rest of the funds we will need, and have had some more contributions come in. My aunt and uncle actually gave a donation for our adoption in the names of each of their three daughters and their families for Christmas; that was such a blessing. We also had an unexpected check come in the mail - our health insurance company (Blue Cross) sent us a refund check of almost two months' premiums! That went into the pot as well. :)

We did get a short update recently about the boys; a volunteer at Layla House spent some time with them, and sent us an email and pictures. This is from his email:

"I got to spend a *ton* of time with Melaku while I was at Layla. We met at lunch the first day and then I went to Math class with him and did some reading. After that, we spent a good amount of time together every day. He is a *fantastic* kid and very smart. In Math class, he had the problems written down and solved before the teacher had even finished explaining them. Being an engineer myself, I thought that was pretty cool. He is very excited to come home and join your family. We spent some time talking about North Carolina and he showed me the "book" you sent him. All in all, I can't say enough about him. He's just a great kid.

I met Zerihun on one of the last couple of days I was there. He, Melaku, and I played some soccer. Both of those kids are amazing soccer players. I weep for the American kids that they will play against :-) Zerihun is also a great kid. He spent some time teaching me how to play and found me every day after we met to chat.

Congratulations, you are getting some wonderful additions to your family."


It is so hard to wait to see them! But we know that God's timing is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment