Saturday, December 24, 2011

8 Stockings


It warms my heart every time I see 8 stockings hanging on our mantle -- and it give me a little jolt as well -- "Wow, we have 8 people in our family now!" It doesn't always hit me since all the kids aren't living at home, but I love it when we're all together, like we are now.



And lest you think my family is all sweetness and light -- this is the gingerbread house the kids put together last night. Lindsay is smiling, but I think it's kind of forced, because despite her attempts to make it "pretty," the house ended up with an "Occupy" theme, a dead snowman lying by the front door with icing blood and gummy brains spread around, and other things I won't mention. The fact that it actually looks like a normal house is only because they couldn't get it to stick together when they tried to build it lying on its side. She is simply outnumbered 5 to 1 by testosterone, unfortunately. And notice Z with icing "blood" all over his face -- just joining right in to our Phillips family boy dynamic. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment