Thursday, December 22, 2011

New Format


I didn't realize it's been 3 1/2 months since I posted anything here! I had planned to blog regularly about adjusting to life with our two new sons after we arrived home, but I guess I've been too busy adjusting to write about it. :)

It has been almost five months now since Z and Melaku arrived, and it's been good! Not all easy by any means -- figuring out how best to parent each of them (and they are completely different!), teaching them about how things work in our family, helping them through so many transitions and new experiences -- but so special gradually getting to know one another better and love one another more and more, watching them become woven into the fabric of our family.

I started this blog more than two years ago (!), when God first spoke to us about adopting, because I wanted to make a record of the process, for us and for others that might want to follow in our footsteps. I feel like with the boys here now, a lot of the "process" is more personal, and not something I need to share in a public place.

But I would like to continue to blog, and to share our life as an adoptive family with you, so I think I'm going to try out a format which I've thought about using before, which is to post a picture every day or so with a brief description or thought (sort of like Project 365, which I did several years ago and really enjoyed).

So, here is the first installment:



One of our family Christmas traditions is to read aloud "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" (complete with silly voices and accents) over the few nights before Christmas; everyone takes turns reading. It has been fun and so special this year to introduce Z and Melaku to the book, and have them take a turn reading too. Here Melaku is gamely taking his turn (wearing the reader's hat), with occasional pronunciation help from Alex or Lindsay. :)


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Just beautiful. May God bless your sweet family this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete