Saturday, December 31, 2011

Entrepreneur



I took some pictures of Melaku for a headshot, because he wants to try acting, like his big brothers. He is very motivated to earn money right now -- Justin took him for a ride on his motorcycle, and Melaku immediately decided he wants/needs a dirt bike. I told him they are pretty expensive, and he would have to be at least 13 before he could get one. So, he is counting down the months until he is 13 (conveniently not hearing the "at least" part of my statement), and trying to find as much work as he can. When he heard how much Justin, Trevor and Alex sometimes were able to make acting, he was sold on the career.

He is also trolling for work all over our neighborhood. He cleaned all my baseboards and windows, then went to our neighbor's house and cleaned her windows, and he pet-sat a guinea pig over Christmas for some other neighbors. He pretty much asks me on a daily basis if I have any jobs for him, if he can go knock on some other neighbors' doors and ask them for work, and if anyone has responded to the email I sent out about pet-sitting. He is a hard worker, and extremely persistent, I will give him that. :)

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm..too bad Maine is too far away! I have plenty of jobs for him! lol...what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what gets things done. Nicole and Sarah both had pet sitting jobs and occasionally helped me with my cleaning business. They saved and earned enough money to get their own bikes. It was their second ones. We bought the first. We had them divide it up three way. First tithe,then for savings, then for their own spending so they could enjoy some of the fruits of their own labors and not get frustrated that they didn't have some money to spend.. He is a determined little guy with great destiny on his life. Lots of Grace and favor too.

    ReplyDelete